Terms of service
Access and Use
You may post reviews, comments, photos, images, graphics, videos, audio recordings, and other content and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information (collectively “User Content”), so long as such content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights (including publicity rights), or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable, and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam” or unsolicited commercial electronic messages. The term User Content includes, without limitation, any content you (i) submit or post on the Website or through tools or applications we provide for posting or sharing such content with us or (ii) have posted or uploaded to your social media accounts, including, but not limited to, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and Pinterest, and allowed us to feature.
The right to access and use the Services does not include: any resale or commercial use of any Services or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of any Services or its contents; any downloading, copying or other use of account information for the benefit of any third party; or any use of data mining, robots or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
With respect to the Services and all parts of the Services, you will not: commit or encourage a criminal offense; transmit or distribute a virus, trojan, worm, logic bomb, or any other material that is malicious, technologically harmful, in breach of confidence or in any way offensive or obscene; hack into any aspect of the Services; corrupt data; cause annoyance to other users; infringe upon any other person’s proprietary rights; send any unsolicited advertising or promotional material, commonly referred to as "spam"; use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of a payment card or other content; or attempt to affect the performance or functionality of any computer facilities of or accessed through this Website. Breaching this provision could constitute a criminal offense and Dear Media will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them.
You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Dear Media without our express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing the Dear Media name or trademarks without the express written consent of Dear Media. You may not misuse the Services.
Content, Software, and Intellectual Property
All content included in or made available through any Services, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, video and audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and all software is the property of Dear Media or its content suppliers and protected by U.S. and international intellectual property laws, including, without limitation, U.S. and international copyright laws. Furthermore, the compilation of all content included in or made available through any Services is the exclusive property of Dear Media and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws.
In addition, graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names included in or made available through any Services are trademarks or trade dress of Dear Media in the United States and other countries. Dear Media trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not a Dear Media product or service, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Dear Media. All other trademarks not owned by Dear Media that appear in any Services are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to or sponsored by Dear Media. Except where expressly stated to the contrary, all persons (including their names and images), third-party trademarks and content featured on this Website are in no way associated, linked, or affiliated with Dear Media, and you should not rely on the existence of such a connection or affiliation. Where reference is made to a trademark or brand name, it is used solely to describe or identify the product or service and is in no way an assertion that such product or service is endorsed by or connected to Dear Media.
All intellectual property rights are reserved by Dear Media and its licensors. You may store, print, and display the content supplied solely for your own personal use. You are not permitted to publish, manipulate, distribute, or otherwise reproduce, in any format, any of the content or copies of the content supplied to you or that appears on this Website nor may you use any such content in connection with any business or commercial enterprise.
Reporting Claims of Copyright Infringement
We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe any materials accessible on or from this Website infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access to them) from the Website by submitting written notification to our copyright agent designated below. In accordance with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) (“DMCA”), the written notice (the “DMCA Notice”) must include substantially the following:
Our designated copyright agent to receive DMCA Notices is:
DMCA Designated Agent
2035 East Bella Vista Way,
Compton, CA 90220
If you fail to comply with all of the requirements of Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA, your DMCA Notice may not be effective.
Upon receipt of notices complying with the DMCA, Dear Media will act to remove or disable access to any material found to be infringing or found to be the subject of infringing activity and will act to remove or disable access to any reference or link to material or activity that is found to be infringing. If a dispute develops as to the correct owner of the rights in question, we reserve the right to remove your content along with that of the alleged infringer pending resolution of the matter.
Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Website is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
THE PRECEDING INFORMATION IS PROVIDED EXCLUSIVELY FOR NOTIFYING Dear Media ABOUT INFRINGEMENTS OF COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. ALL OTHER COMMUNICATIONS, SUCH AS PRODUCT- OR SERVICE-RELATED QUESTIONS AND REQUESTS, WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE THROUGH THIS PROCESS.
It is our policy in appropriate circumstances to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers.
Terms of Sale
You may need your own Dear Media account to use certain parts of the Services, and you may be required to be logged into the account and have a valid payment method associated with it. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your account, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
To contract with Dear Media you must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us. Dear Media retains the right to refuse any request made by you. If your order is accepted, then we will inform you by email, and we will confirm the identity of the party with whom you have contracted. This will usually be Dear Media or may in some cases be a third party. Where a contract is made with a third party, Dear Media is not acting as either agent or principal and the contract is made between yourself and that third party and will be subject to the terms of sale that the third party supplies to you. When placing an order you undertake that all details you provide to us are true and accurate, that you are an authorized user of the credit or debit card used to place your order, and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods. Dear Media reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, terminate your rights to use the Services, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in our sole discretion.
By placing an order, you are offering to purchase a product or service on and subject to the following terms and conditions. All orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price. The cost of foreign products and services may fluctuate. All prices advertised are subject to changes. Dispatch times may vary according to availability and subject to any delays resulting from postal delays or force majeure events for which we will not be responsible.
The Website is controlled, operated, and administered by Dear Media from its offices within the United States and is not intended to subject Dear Media to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country, or territory other than that of the United States. Although the Website may be accessed from countries around the world, Dear Media makes no representation that the Website or Services are appropriate or available for use in any jurisdiction other than the United States. If you choose to access the Website from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and at your own risk and are responsible for complying with all local statutes, orders, regulations, rules, and other laws.
You agree that any purchased goods licensed or sold on the Website, which may include software and technology, and all software that is contained on the Website (including all HTML code and controls), are subject to the customs and export control laws and regulations of the United States and may also be subject to the customs and export laws and regulations of the country in which the products are manufactured and/or received. THE COPYING OR REPRODUCTION OF SUCH SOFTWARE TO ANY OTHER SERVER OR LOCATION FOR FURTHER REPRODUCTION OR REDISTRIBUTION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED. By purchasing, downloading, or using technology or software from the Website, you agree to abide by applicable laws, rules, and regulations including, but not limited to, the Export Administration Act and the Arms Export Control Act, and you represent and warrant that you will not transfer, by electronic transmission or otherwise, the software or technology to a foreign national or a foreign destination in violation of the law.
Disclaimer of Liability
THE SERVICES AND ALL INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE), AND OTHER SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED BY DEAR MEDIA ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. DEAR MEDIA MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE SERVICES, OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE), OR OTHER SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SERVICES, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, DEAR MEDIA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. DEAR MEDIA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES, INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE), OR OTHER SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SERVICES, DEAR MEDIA SERVERS, OR ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS SENT FROM DEAR MEDIA ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, DEAR MEDIA WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF ANY SERVICES, OR FROM ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE), OR OTHER SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH ANY SERVICES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING.
FURTHERMORE, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
Linking to this Website
You may link to our Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part where none exists. This Website must not be framed on any other site. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice in our sole discretion.
Dear Media will have the right in its absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove, or vary the Services and/or any page of this Website.
SMS/MMS MOBILE MESSAGE MARKETING PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- User Opt In: The Program allows Users to receive SMS/MMS mobile messages by affirmatively opting into the Program, such as through online or application-based enrollment forms. Regardless of the opt-in method you utilized to join the Program, you agree that this Agreement applies to your participation in the Program. By participating in the Program, you agree to receive autodialed or prerecorded marketing mobile messages at the phone number associated with your opt-in, and you understand that consent is not required to make any purchase from Us. While you consent to receive messages sent using an autodialer, the foregoing shall not be interpreted to suggest or imply that any or all of Our mobile messages are sent using an automatic telephone dialing system (“ATDS” or “autodialer”). Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.
- User Opt Out: If you do not wish to continue participating in the Program or no longer agree to this Agreement, you agree to reply STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE, or QUIT to any mobile message from Us in order to opt out of the Program. You may receive an additional mobile message confirming your decision to opt out. You understand and agree that the foregoing options are the only reasonable methods of opting out. You acknowledge that our text message platform may not recognize and respond to unsubscribe requests that alter, change, or modify the STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT keyword commands, such as the use of different spellings or the addition of other words or phrases to the command, and agree that Shop Dear Media and its service providers will have no liability for failing to honor such requests. You also understand and agree that any other method of opting out, including, but not limited to, texting words other than those set forth above or verbally requesting one of our employees to remove you from our list, is not a reasonable means of opting out.
- Program Description: Without limiting the scope of the Program, users that opt into the Program can expect to receive messages concerning the marketing, promotion, payment, delivery and sale of apparel, merchandise and other consumer goods. Messages may include checkout reminders.
- Cost and Frequency: Message and data rates may apply. You agree to receive messages periodically at Our discretion. Daily, weekly, and monthly message frequency will vary. The Program involves recurring mobile messages, and additional mobile messages may be sent periodically based on your interaction with Us.
- Support Instructions: For support regarding the Program, text “HELP” to the number you received messages from or use email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the use of this email address is not an acceptable method of opting out of the program. Opt outs must be submitted in accordance with the procedures set forth above.
- MMS Disclosure: The Program will send SMS TMs (terminating messages) if your mobile device does not support MMS messaging.
- Our Disclaimer of Warranty: The Program is offered on an "as-is" basis and may not be available in all areas at all times and may not continue to work in the event of product, software, coverage or other changes made by your wireless carrier. We will not be liable for any delays or failures in the receipt of any mobile messages connected with this Program. Delivery of mobile messages is subject to effective transmission from your wireless service provider/network operator and is outside of Our control. Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered mobile messages.
- Participant Requirements: You must have a wireless device of your own, capable of two-way messaging, be using a participating wireless carrier, and be a wireless service subscriber with text messaging service. Not all cellular phone providers carry the necessary service to participate. Check your phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions.
- Age Restriction: You may not use or engage with the Platform if you are under thirteen (13) years of age. If you use or engage with the Platform and are between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) years of age, you must have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to do so. By using or engaging with the Platform, you acknowledge and agree that you are not under the age of thirteen (13) years, are between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) and have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to use or engage with the Platform, or are of adult age in your jurisdiction. By using or engaging with the Platform, you also acknowledge and agree that you are permitted by your jurisdiction’s Applicable Law to use and/or engage with the Platform.
- Prohibited Content: You acknowledge and agree to not send any prohibited content over the Platform. Prohibited content includes:
- Any fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, scandalous, threatening, harassing, or stalking activity;
- Objectionable content, including profanity, obscenity, lasciviousness, violence, bigotry, hatred, and discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- Pirated computer programs, viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other harmful code;
- Any product, service, or promotion that is unlawful where such product, service, or promotion thereof is received;
- Any content that implicates and/or references personal health information that is protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) or the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (“HITEC” Act); and
- Any other content that is prohibited by Applicable Law in the jurisdiction from which the message is sent.
- Dispute Resolution: In the event that there is a dispute, claim, or controversy between you and Us, or between you and Stodge Inc. d/b/a Postscript or any other third-party service provider acting on Our behalf to transmit the mobile messages within the scope of the Program, arising out of or relating to federal or state statutory claims, common law claims, this Agreement, or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof, including the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, such dispute, claim, or controversy will be, to the fullest extent permitted by law, determined by arbitration in Compton, CA before one arbitrator.
The parties agree to submit the dispute to binding arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) then in effect. Except as otherwise provided herein, the arbitrator shall apply the substantive laws of the Federal Judicial Circuit in which Shop Dear Media’s principle place of business is located, without regard to its conflict of laws rules. Within ten (10) calendar days after the arbitration demand is served upon a party, the parties must jointly select an arbitrator with at least five years’ experience in that capacity and who has knowledge of and experience with the subject matter of the dispute. If the parties do not agree on an arbitrator within ten (10) calendar days, a party may petition the AAA to appoint an arbitrator, who must satisfy the same experience requirement. In the event of a dispute, the arbitrator shall decide the enforceability and interpretation of this arbitration agreement in accordance with the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”). The parties also agree that the AAA’s rules governing Emergency Measures of Protection shall apply in lieu of seeking emergency injunctive relief from a court. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding, and no party shall have rights of appeal except for those provided in section 10 of the FAA. Each party shall bear its share of the fees paid for the arbitrator and the administration of the arbitration; however, the arbitrator shall have the power to order one party to pay all or any portion of such fees as part of a well-reasoned decision. The parties agree that the arbitrator shall have the authority to award attorneys’ fees only to the extent expressly authorized by statute or contract. The arbitrator shall have no authority to award punitive damages and each party hereby waives any right to seek or recover punitive damages with respect to any dispute resolved by arbitration.
THE PARTIES AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN AN INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY VIA ARBITRATION AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ARBITRATION PROCEEDING. Further, unless both parties agree otherwise in a signed writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
Except as may be required by law, neither a party nor the arbitrator may disclose the existence, content, or results of any arbitration without the prior written consent of both parties, unless to protect or pursue a legal right. If any term or provision of this Section is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Section or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction. If for any reason a dispute proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, the parties hereby waive any right to a jury trial. This arbitration provision shall survive any cancellation or termination of your agreement to participate in any of our Programs.
- Florida Law: We endeavor to comply with the Florida Telemarketing Act and the Florida Do Not Call Act as applicable to Florida residents. For purposes of compliance, you agree that we may assume that you are a Florida resident if, at the time of opt-in to Program, (1) your shipping address, as provided is located in Florida or (2) the area code for the phone number used to opt-into the Program is a Florida area code. You agree that the requirements of the Florida Telemarketing Act and the Florida Do Not Call Act do not apply to you, and you shall not assert that you are a Florida resident, if you do not meet either of these criteria or, in the alternative, do not affirmatively advise us in writing that you are a Florida resident by sending written notice to us. Insofar as you are a Florida resident, you agree that mobile messages sent by Us in direct response to mobile messages or requests from You (including but are not limited to response to Keywords, opt-in, help or stop requests and shipping notifications) shall not constitute a “telephonic sales call” or “commercial telephone solicitation phone call” for purposes of Florida Statutes Section 501 (including but not limited to sections 501.059 and 501.616), to the extent the law is otherwise relevant and applicable.
- Miscellaneous: You warrant and represent to Us that you have all necessary rights, power, and authority to agree to these Terms and perform your obligations hereunder, and nothing contained in this Agreement or in the performance of such obligations will place you in breach of any other contract or obligation. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein will not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. Any new features, changes, updates or improvements of the Program shall be subject to this Agreement unless explicitly stated otherwise in writing. We reserve the right to change this Agreement from time to time. Any updates to this Agreement shall be communicated to you. You acknowledge your responsibility to review this Agreement from time to time and to be aware of any such changes. By continuing to participate in the Program after any such changes, you accept this Agreement, as modified.
Online Contact Form
2035 East Bella Vista Way,
Compton, CA 90220
For Immediate Questions or Concerns:
Customer Service Phone Number: (562) 296-1808
Available Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm PST